Just over halfway through the year and it has been interesting to say the least. Some good, some bad and definitely some ugly, I had no idea what I was in for when I made my 20 for 2020 list way back in January. At the time I was heavily pregnant and looking froward to getting my baby in my arms and setting off on some adventures. And, while the ‘setting off’ portion of my plan hasn’t come to fruition, this year has been quite an adventure.
As inspired by Gretchen Rubin and Elizabeth Craft, here is my 20 goals for 2020 list, and as of right now, this is my progress:
- Build a capsule wardrobe – Not yet, but this is my next project to tackle. I wanted to wait for my body to ‘normalize’ after pregnancy. I am so ready for this, out with the postpartum leggings, in with the…… well, probably just regular leggings!
2. Find the perfect cinnamon bun recipe – success in that I have tried four recipes and can now say I am a successful baker of cinnamon buns. Still on the hunt for the greatest recipe of all time.
3. Read 24 books – I have read 10 books, slightly behind but I plan to catch up when the weather turns cold!
4. Keep phone out of the bedroom – Check and check! Additionally I have instituted an earlier bedtime for myself (9pm) which has helped tremendously with the energy needed to entertain all three kids during the pandemic
5. Go on a girls weekend – Our original plan for Toad River glamping and a visit to Liard Hot Springs has been stymied by CoVID closures, but we have a backup plan, and it involves a boat!
6. Go camping – Another success! One night in the books, we learned a lot about what NOT to do when camping with a baby and two small kids. We are currently planning a second camping attempt soon!
7. Plant Flowers and Vegetables – Woohoo! I am on a roll. One benefit of staying at home a lot, my garden got a ton of attention and has never looked (or tasted) better!
8. 100000 step day – Training in progress. Me and 5 friends plan to go for this in early August! Look for daily updates on my instagram stories here
9. Try a new fitness activity – For this one, I have returned to golf after an almost 6-year hiatus. I even joined a ladies league that runs on Monday nights and I am loving it.
10. Stay at a summer cabin – August! My dad bought a little townhouse in Invermere, a beach town we used to live in. I can’t wait to visit!
11. Get a massage once per month – Yes. aside from the 3 months when massages weren’t allowed.
12. Get control of my digital photos – Still plaguing me. I have to make a plan, so here and now I declare, this project starts OCTOBER 1.
13. Start a blog – If you are reading this, you know it’s true!
14. Collect favourite recipes – Halfway. I have made an effort to print out and write down a few favourites, but have not compiled them yet. Add this one to the fall/winter to do!
15. Monthly date nights – Yes, aside from the 3 months when leaving the house was not allowed. We even did a date morning last month – golf and brunch!
16. Plan a winter getaway – Likely not happening. Its possible we can go to Vancouver Island for a little green and less snow, but leaving the country isn’t really looking like an option. C’est la vie.
17. Use online grocery ordering – Yes! I am getting really fast and this one is amazing. I still sometimes got in person, but online ordering has taken so much stress out of my life. Watching Netflix and grocery shopping is my new go-to!
18. Keep a baby book for #3 – Yes for 3 months. He is 6 months old today, time to catch up!
19. Put up more art – Here and there. I realize this may be hard to define. I have put up art in the girls’ room, and the baby room, but does that count as ‘more’? Not sure.
20. Reduce plastic waste – Well, we made the switch to bar soap, but unfortunately bulk shopping has been suspended for the time being. Still trying to make a conscious effort wherever possible.
How are your #20for2020 lists / goals / new years resolutions coming along? Have you had to abandon them completely due to our situation or have you pushed through with a modified version. I love making these fun goals list to remind me of what I wanted to do at the outset of the year, and really, despite all that has happened, I am still well on my way to completing the list and making the most of 2020.
Stay safe and be well,